Thursday, August 9, 2007

Child Abuse - A National Problem

Yesterday at 12.12pm everyone in New Zealand was encouraged to stop what they were doing and to stand out on the street for three minutes. This was to symbolize that we as a nation are not going to tolerate child abuse and if we see something dodge we will do something about it. The statistics of child abuse which has ended in death in New Zealand is shocking. The recent three year old that was killed in Rotorua shocked me to the core. So I did stand out on my little street yesterday (although I did get a little distracted picking up old raisin packets from the car!) But today watching this youtube video it made me just want to scream again....

1 comment:

Paul said...

I want to make a comment, but I'm stunned after watching the UTube clip and can't put any words together.... But I do want to cry!