Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas in Emma's Room...

I once watched Dr Phils wife suggest that it's a good idea to decorate a child's room for the holidays as it helps them to understand what the holiday is about... I thought that sounded great and I've tried to do this for Emma. And then my friend Gillian let me know that the Warehouse had bargain fake small trees and she was getting one for each of her kids - and I thought Super! This morning we started the decoration process - some of the decorations Emma has made (and then she pulled some to bits this morning too...) But we had lots of fun with Christmas Carols on in the background. Here's some photos before the tree gets pulled to bits...(All part of the fun!)





I'm also loving some Christmas ideas from other peoples' blogs this year. This is one that I got from bestlife - it's an advent calendar.... Which is a row of numbered socks each with a few hidden stickers inside. Bring on Christmas!!




2 comments:

Lion's, Kiwi's and Kanga's said...

Lots of fun, might have to steal some ideas, particularly like the sock one!

Our Christmas tree is going up on Saturday - no doubt the kids will be up at 5 o'clock in anticipation (get's light at 4.15!)

Our Whanau said...

You are too cool for school Claire! I love the sock thing. Forgot that one! Might give it a go for next year.