Sunday, November 15, 2009

Emma's 4th Birthday!

What a long blogging holiday I've had... October was Light Party month which I'll have to blog about at another time.. Because this weekend has been all about Em! My little girl is growing up she turned four yesterday!

This year we celebrated with a Mr Men & Little Miss party. Em had nine little friends come and help her celebrate. And she was completely spoilt with gorgeous gifts. At the start of the party the kids dressed up glittery $2 shop hats - which was Em's own idea! I should've taken a picture of everyone wearing their completed hats but I only thought of that after the party!!




We played a few games - a postman game complete with Mr Men & Little Miss letterboxes, musical statues and pass the parcel.

Our house is little so I hired a gazebo where I set up the party table. Grandma Janet helped getting cool Mr Men & Little Miss cups, napkins and banners sent from England and these were great - thanks! Party food included some of Em's favourites - jelly, lollies, popcorn, fairy bread, cupcakes, strawberries, grapes, cheerios and cheese and pineapple sticks.

Em's present from us this year was a trampoline which Daddy was still putting up late on Friday night! Em was surprised and delighted. It was well and truly tested during her party. I had wanted my friend Gillian to do one of her amazing cake creations - maybe a Miss Sunshine or something... However my independant daughter was determined to have a trampoline cake which I managed to do myself - although being the theme addict that I am I remade the dollies clothes so they were wearing Little Miss & Mr Men clothes! This won't make sense cos I don't have a photo just yet! But below is a photo of the take home goodie bags that I made - full of important things like - hairclips, bangles, glitter pen, Mr bounce ball, Little Miss figure and jelly beans.
Em has always had issues with the Happy Birthday song - not too sure why and she can't explain it herself... This year Emma had a few ideas of what to do... 1) No one sing and just shout out Happy Birthday! 2) Grandma only is allowed to sing Happy birthay as a solo and lastly 3) Children were allowed to sing it but only if they sang it like a choir! In the end Em wanted option one - there were still some tears but she quickly told us they were happy tears!!

Mummy even shed happy tears later that night too - the wonder of loving a little person so much and feeling so blessed for the last four years. Just one of those heart bursting moments...

2 comments:

Gail said...

Well done on another amazing party idea! I'd never ever think of such a COOL theme!

I have shed more than a few of those mummy tears too. Every birthday that comes and goes seems to bring on a new flood.

Nice to read you Claire! I hope you are well! We got the invite for the light party - but had another function on. Friends went with their kids and raved about how fantastic it was. Well done on that too!

Lisa said...

Hey gorgeous girls
Awesome to read of your fun birthday Emma! and all your Mum's creative ideas and hard work. It sounded a real hit and lots of fun for everyone. Was thinking of u on your birthday from across the miles. Sending u all a big hug.