Monday, February 23, 2009

Dancing Queen!


Emma has a new obsession! She is loving Mamma Mia & everything about it. It started when we were in Taupo and it was a grotty rainy day - Rob was asleep and I was bored (Dale & Nell both at work...) And so I lay Em on the couch while I watched Mamma Mia - but Em's eyes stayed open the whole time and she watched the whole thing and then said at the end of it - 'can we watch it again Mama?' Very cute - my little one sings from the moment she wakes up until she goes to bed. Her favourite song today is 'Honey, honey'! (And she likes to hold a diary while she sings it like Sophie on the movie!!)


Everything has started for the year now. Emma is now a big girl and is in the swimming pool all by herself - which she is finding a little scary but it's early days. And she has also started in a Pre-dance/Preschool dance class (thanks to UK pounds sent for Christmas!!) The first week she couldn't understand why Mummy wasn't dancing too - but by the second week with a little bit of a chat and bribery she was dancing with the best of them. And she was enjoying it too cos she had her gorgeous little content smile on her face. It was lovely seeing her dancing being Humpty Dumpty - a fairy etc... So cute I almost got a bit choked up - bit sad really!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Not sad at all! I cry at the drop of a hat where the kids are concerned!
Love Mama mia too - I've been playing my ABBA Cd a bit. A bit sad that my kids know the lyrics well.