Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Goodbye Beautiful Simba!


Last week was a crazy week with lots of really dramatic things happening in some peoples lives! One of those weeks I just wanted to end... Anyway one thing I will share is that darling Simba was put to sleep on Thursday night. He was 15 years old and a treasure to the end. But illness and old age meant that it was his time. Mum (actually her cat) and I were with him when he had his injection and it was very peaceful. Here's a few random memories that I don't want to forget about this precious cat...

*Firstly he was known as wobbly cat. They think he had an inner ear infection when he was a kitten that affected his balance for the rest of his life. He walked like a bendy bus - but after being very sick he adapted beautifully.

* When he was sick and we weren't sure he would survive I used to carry him round in a sling - I was doing my nurse training at the time so I remember studying and nursing Simba at the same time!

*The softness of his fur - he used to pee in the pots on the deck and never went outside much so his fur was beautifully soft.

* Jonty Mum's other cat and Simba were great friends - and watching them play was always amusing. Jonty protected Simba from the neighbourhood bullies.

*And lastly his wonderul meow... He was the most chatty cat that I've ever known. I'll miss our conversations...

Emma says Simba is now hanging out with Rocco (neighbours cat) & Pop. She also mentioned that he may become human when he gets to heaven thanks to the fairies... Interesting idea!

You'll be missed wobbly cat... XX

1 comment:

Paul said...

Oh so sad to read that about Simba, he was a lovely cat!